Welcome to The Space Directory. All About Buying, Selling and Collecting Space Memorabilia. Astronaut and Cosmonaut autographs, Autopen Guides, flown metal, Coins, Medallions, cosmonaut, NASA, autograph, astronaut, space, online, ISS, flown, Astronaut and Cosmonaut autographs, flown items, Manned Space Flight
Space Related Distributed Computing Projects - Get Involved in Space Science from the Comfort of your Own Home!
If you want your distributed computing project listed on this page please email us details and link back to us in return!
The BOINC Platform
BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing) is an open-source software platform for distributed computing projects. The platform was created by the Space Sciences Laboratory at the University of California, Berkeley. The project is led by Dr. David Anderson.
Space Related BOINC Projects
- AQUA@home - uses Quantum Monte Carlo to predict the performance of superconducting adiabatic quantum computers.
- Einstein@Home - uses data from LIGO and GEO 600 to detect gravitational waves.
- MilkyWay@Home - uses data from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey to deduce the structure of the Milky Way galaxy.
- QMC@Home - uses Quantum Monte Carlo to predict molecular geometry.
- SETI@home - Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence.
Other Science Related BOINC Projects
Biology and Medicine
- Docking@Home - models protein-ligand docking.
- Malaria Control - performs stochastic modeling of the clinical epidemiology and natural history of malaria.
- POEM@Home - models protein folding using Anfinsen's dogma.
- Rosetta@home - tests the assembly of specific proteins, using appropriate fragments of better-known proteins.
- SIMAP - compiles a database of protein similarities using the FASTA algorithm, and protein domains using InterPro.
- Climateprediction.net attempts to reduce the uncertainty ranges of climate models.
- Quake-Catcher Network uses accelerometers in, or attached to, internet-connected computers to detect earthquakes.
- ABC@Home attempts to solve the ABC conjecture problem.
- PrimeGrid searches for mega primes.
- SZTAKI Desktop Grid searches for generalized binary number systems.